Thursday, October 14, 2010

old-skool german pick-me-up dinner

So I cook to relax...it makes me feel good.  Luckily, my husband and son like to eat my attempts!

The week is only partway through and we're both having a bumpy week at work.  The cure-all at our place: old-school comfort food.  I tried to turn the "feel sorry for ourselves" boat around by cooking this last night:


rotkraut, cornmeal spaetzle, garlic wurst

It did the trick.  Some toy-ship building followed dinner, which Oliver was thrilled with, and then a British murder mystery from the local library for the mister and I.  All is well.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not THAT kind of hausfrau!  Here's the fine mess that remained post german-meal-making:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...