These are the fabric portraits I've just completed for Oliver and Charlotte:
Medium and Method:
Plain white cotton, coloured felt...many hours with scissors and stitching....lots of stitching. All following my hand-drawn patterns!
I'm proud of them. I made them well. The stitches are almost perfect, although I was aiming to make them incongruous...maybe next time.
They took months to make!
I could have spent the evenings I was making these on other things...like pulling weeds and cleaning the tub, I suppose.
I'd much rather have these portraits at the end of the day ... one or two foreign specimens in the shower won't hurt :)