Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Jewels

These are the fabric portraits I've just completed for Oliver and Charlotte:




Medium and Method:

Plain white cotton, coloured felt...many hours with scissors and stitching....lots of stitching.  All following my hand-drawn patterns!

I'm proud of them.  I made them well.  The stitches are almost perfect, although I was aiming to make them incongruous...maybe next time.

They took months to make! 

I could have spent the evenings I was making these on other things...like pulling weeds and cleaning the tub, I suppose.

I'd  much rather have these portraits at the end of the day ... one or two foreign specimens in the shower won't hurt  :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these. They are so adorable! I wish I had maybe just one creative bone in my body. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...