Friday, September 2, 2011

French Pastry Friday

Before I had children, I tried to master a few tricky (for me) recipes.  One of these recipes was Martha Stewart's gougeres.

So when a neighbor offered to take Oliver along with her daughters on a nature walk around town, I quickly whipped up these babies as a post-walk treat.


If my brain's muscle memory had not kicked in for this baking session, I wouldn't have attempted these.   They're two steps too many for a busy hausfrau like me.  It's been a better day today though...feeling nearly sophisticated (!) knowing that I made these warm and cheesy lovelies from scratch.

What's the saying?  Fake it till you feel it?!  Maybe feeling fancy more regularly is around the corner?  One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...