Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Post-Combat Dinner

The days when motherhood seems less than lovely, I force some at-home, bistro-dining:




This lovely Cannelini Bean + Tuna Salad and homemade Broccoli Bread did the trick; the dinner transported me to a place where there was no reminding, cleaning and hauling home from the playground.

I often think: if I were at a nice restaurant, without kids, what would I order?  Today, this was it!  With a nice Australian shiraz, I don't think I could have had it better at a restaurant, if I do say so myself!

(And the broccoli bread is an old trick of mine.  I add tiny bits of any vegetables I have on hand, grate a glove of garlic, a teaspoon of ground flax seeds and add these to my usual, tried and true pizza dough recipe (if you shape it like a loaf instead of rolling it, you'll have bread, not pizza).  We topped some toasted broccoli bread slices with cheese and the kids had a pretty well-balanced meal too!)

Note to self: chopping, chiffonading, and kneading can sometimes transform a day...try it more often!

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely, and delicious! I like the idea of fixing something you'd order in a restaurant. It makes at-home meals so much more special.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...