Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Weekend Getaway

(Six months ago)

Me:  "Ugh.  I am SO fried.  SO fried!!  I need something to look forward to.  Something bigger than bedtime tonight."

Excellent Friend:  "I hear that.  Hey!  I know!  How about we book a night at my parents' Bed and Breakfast on the coast in another few months?!"

Me:  "Um...that would be too amazing!"

(Fast forward to this past weekend)





Oh what fun we had!  We ambled around the little town, eating, surveying the farmers market, even pondering what we wanted to do before we die, courtesy of an excellent and startling public art installation.

I was welcomed warmly by my friend's parents, Dick and Jean, who run the Sechelt Inlet B&B.  They let us lollygag like a couple of teen girls!  We were thoroughly spoiled (citrus margaritas and fresh salmon + herb spread (made in-house!) during cocktail hour was my highlight.  Wait, no - the amazing orca whale sighting while relaxing in the hottub...that's my hightlight!).  I'll just say, we were successful in forgetting all of the responsibilities at home (effectively dealt with by Mr. Hausfrau in my absence...merci!) and able to recharge to be better family members when we returned home!

I hope you all carve out recharging times like this too.  If you are ever in the Vancouver, BC area, I know a really good place for it...

Thank you Dick and Jean!

8 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like an amazing weekend. The place with the trees and lake looks gorgeous. I wouldn't say no to a citrus margerita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! An orca sighting from the hot tub...so jealous!
    I'm planning a trip to visit my parents...a much needed getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time and just what you needed! It makes me want to go and visit Canada really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! I would love to see a close-up pic of that 'Before I Die' chalkboard. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a great time, and the view of the water is just beautiful! What were some of the things written on the "Before I Die" board?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful getaway, and thank you for stopping by at my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the scenery looks beautiful! thanks for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of your nice notes! I've added a close up of the "Before I Die I Want To" installation. From what I can make out, the people want to: go to the moon with maddie, go to heaven (so I don't have to die), travel, marry kulton, be a unicorn, work at molly's reach (a local pub), date seb polchek, be batman, and meet johnny dep, before they die.

    Funny little project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...