1. Soundtrack of the summer. Good Canadian girls...I run to their newest album, make sushi with it in the background...hoping to see them live at an openair concert to end our summer on a high note...
2. Am on the fence about presenting this cocktail to actual guests...1 finger Rose's Lime Cordial, topped up with a mediocre beer...I love it!!
3. My official summer barbecue side dish: Green Onion Biscuits. Don't forget plenty of sweet butter on top.
4. ***side note*** I cannot believe how much our children have grown since last summer!!
5. Enjoying our potted garden. This year, we're cultivating trailing verbena (both peach and plum coloured varieties), a pretty yellow mecardonia hybrid, fuchsia, trailing rosemary, and dainty purple alyssum. I especially love the one yellow nasturtium that centers the collection: the seed was planted in my honour by our Oliver in Kindergarten as a mother's day present in May. (Also, am unreasonably enamored with my new summer sandals, making a small appearance in this photo.)
(Last summer's faves)
Anyone else making new discoveries this summer? Cocktails? Plants? Music? Food?