Sunday, November 30, 2014

Discoveries

Listening:

Fave new band 'Austra'.  Got the tip from my sister-in-law...merci!  This one is my favorite...no, THIS one...


Collecting:

We live on a hilltop - we get quite a bit of snow in the winter months.  This year, I'm adding "case of wine" to our list of emergency supplies in case we get stuck up here!  (Ok and I'm sure everyone in the world is already doing this, but I frequently spy on en trend restaurant wine lists for a top rated wine suggestion that isn't too mainstream yet.  This one, I found at this chic little tapas place on Charlotte Street in London.  Like having a personal sommolier!)




Neighborhooding:


A street in Gastown in Vancouver.  We stopped for microbrew IPA beer and Peking duck pizzas
on this walk...



Fawning:


...over this drawing our seven year old Oliver recently made.  What's with the flying radish?!


What is inspiring you these days??

11 comments:

  1. Cool flying radish (actually, I thought it was a strawberry ;-)
    I love that photo of the street in Vancouver! It's got a great atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...it very well might be a strawberry. In any case, food fights are very impolite. I'll have to get the backstory on this little vignette from Oliver. Thanks...Gastown is such a lovely area in Vancouver...there aren't too many old places (in contrast to Germany, anyway!) and that is one of the oldest places we have!

      Delete
  2. Some thing about the radish as Duni, maybe our European strawberries look like radishes :-)

    Just added the music you've recommended to my Spotify playlist. I first came across First Aid Kit over here, never heard them over here before. And now they are up for song of the year in the Netherlands :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny...the strawberry/radish debacle!

      Awesome! I wonder if you'll like Austra too. I'm definitely in the 'folktronica' and 'indietronica' genre phase right now. First Aid Kit still one of my faves too :)

      Delete
    2. Listening to it right now. Love it, and it's appropriate for work too!

      Delete
  3. Love that street view. And hell yes, wine is a requirement for getting stuck anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! That case filled with wine is reassuring. Like: we're going to be ok. Sad but true!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'll tell him, Hena. He's really come a long way with his illustrating skills. I mean, his themes are sometimes a bit suspect (he loves drawing police scenes, avec bad guys and beaucoup de cop cars...) but as long as he is being creative, I'm up for it!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love Vancouver, I'm quite envious of you living there :) I was there many years ago for a few months, amazing place so close to nature. Hope to go back soon!
    The drawing made me smile a lot :) so cute.
    I'm very happy I've found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the flying radish! Kids have the best imaginations. I also love that print you mentioned to me the other day. The pop of green is SO cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...